Voters passed a bond measure in 2018 to fund improvements across the entire district, including at Swegle Elementary School. Bond funding will provide more than $9 million in additions and improvements at Swegle.
Highlights of the work planned at Swegle include:
• Six new classrooms
• New cafeteria and kitchen
• Multipurpose fitness room
• Removal of portable classrooms
• Heating/ventilation system improvements
• Music room improvements
• Seismic upgrades
• Increased visibility of the main entry from the office, including a secured vestibule
The district’s project management team is currently working with BRIC Architecture to finalize the drawings that construction contractors will use to add and improve the spaces at Swegle.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2022 and is expected to be complete early in the fall of 2023.
For more information about bond-funded construction projects in Salem-Keizer Public Schools, please visit the Bond Projects home page.
Thank you, voters!